- Additional information
Our Elderberry Syrup, made with raw, locally-sourced honey, is a must-have addition to your kitchen pantry and/or medicine cabinet. With its rich blend of sweet and soothing flavors, this classic feel-good favorite serves as a delightful complement to teas and wellness beverages, and can even be used as a drizzle over certain breakfast foods.
In addition to delivering a powerful punch of flavor, Elderberry Syrup is commonly recognized as offering a potent dose of health benefits as well. See drop-down tabs below for more information.
Our Elderberry Syrup combines the deep sweetness of elderberries and raw local honey with a rich blend of herbs and spices, including the invigorating zest of ginger and the soothing warmth of cinnamon and cloves. Infused with the added tang of apple cider vinegar and rosehips, and the floral touch of echinacea leaf, each spoonful offers a symphony of flavors that can be added to your favorite teas, wellness drinks, and even as a drizzle on certain breakfast foods.
Need recipe ideas? Try experimenting with one of the following:
• Elderberry Ginger Tea – Simply add a spoonful of syrup to your favorite hot tea, along with a dash of fresh ginger, for a comforting and invigorating blend.
• Elderberry Wellness Smoothie – Mix a spoonful of syrup with frozen berries, spinach, yogurt, and a banana for a delicious and nutritious smoothie that supports your wellness goals.
• Elderberry Breakfast Parfait – Drizzle a small amount of syrup with Greek yogurt, granola, and fresh berries for a delightful parfait that’s as tasty as it is wholesome.
Elderberries have been associated with effective immune support, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties especially during cold and flu season. Apple cider vinegar and raw honey aid in clearing the sinuses and easing coughs in addition to many other health benefits.
Elderberry syrup has been revered for its healing properties spanning civilizations and centuries. From ancient Egypt and Greece to medieval Europe and modern America, its use is steeped in folklore and natural healing practices as an “oxymel-remedy,” and became a popular health aid for vaious ailments like colds, flu, and respiratory infections.
Oxymel, a term derived from the Greek words “oxy” (acid) and “meli” (honey) refers to a concoction made by blending vinegar and honey. This ancient preparation traces its origins back to the time of Hippocrates, the renowned physician often hailed as the “father of medicine.” Hippocrates prescribed oxymel for a range of health issues, recognizing its soothing properties in addressing coughs, sore throats, and digestive complaints.
Incorporating elderberries into the honey and vineger oxymel-syrup enriches it with a wealth of antioxidants and immune-boosting compounds. These potent additions are believed to elevate the syrup’s effectiveness, making it a natural powerhouse for supporting overall health and wellness.
In recent years, Elderberry syrup has grown in both popularity and acceptance among many researchers as an effective medicinal aid.
• Zakay-Rones Z, Thom E, Wollan T, Wadstein J. “Randomized study of the efficacy and safety of oral elderberry extract in the treatment of influenza A and B virus infections.” Journal of International Medical Research. 2004 Mar-Apr;32(2):132-40.
• Tiralongo E, Wee SS, Lea RA. “Elderberry supplementation reduces cold duration and symptoms in air-travellers: A randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial.“ Nutrients. 2016 Mar 24;8(4):182.
Our Elderberry Syrup is made with raw apple cider vinegar*, raw local honey (Honeyton Farms, Cabot, AR), elderberries*, Ceylon cinnamon*, echinacea leaf*, rosehips*, ginger*, and cloves.*
Nutritional Facts: 14.5 calories; 3.6 net carbs (per adult serving)
Take one serving daily or up to every two hours as needed diluted in water or drink.
Ages 1-4 – 1/4 tsp.
Ages 4-12 – 1/2 tsp.
Ages 12+ – 1 tsp.
Not suitable for children under 1 year.
Our Elderberry Syrup is made by Joy Durand, a friend and partner of the Kinnard Homestead. Joy is a wife, a mother of eight and an avid student of herbal and natural remedies. Her knowledge is backed up by over 20 years of experimentation and experience, and she has successfully dealt with significant health and physical issues in her family using natural tinctures, herbs, and salves. Her desire is to make available to other families the things that have worked for her and her family. She offers natural products for family and personal health under her Dogwood Herbs brand.
|2.25 × 2.25 × 5.5 in