If you’re looking for more ways to be involved with the Kinnard Family Homestead, we invite you to consider partnering with us through any of the following opportunities:
Join our team of homestead entrepreneurs
In addition to encouraging our own kids to develop their capabilities as young entrepreneurs by selling the eggs, baked goods, and plants they learn to produce, we encourage those outside our family to do the same. Following Joel Salatin’s Fiefdom Model (watch below video), we seek to partner with capable and strong-charactered individuals who have a product or service to share that aligns with the vision and values of The Kinnard Homestead. Whether that involves hosting new homesteading ventures physically on our acreage or merely marketing them digitally on our website, the following examples scratch the surface of ways you can link arms with us:
Marketable Opportunities on our acreage:
- Bee keeping and honey harvesting
- Compost production
- Firewood cutting, storing, and delivering
- Flock breeding and raising
- Greenhouse and plant nursery operation
- Hay, straw, or grain growing and harvesting
Marketable Opportunities on our website:
- Homemade Arts and Crafts
- Home and Garden items
- Plants and planting items
Joel Salatin on "Stacking Fiefdoms"
- Third-Party Baked Goods: Due to “Cottage Food” laws in Arkansas, we are only allowed to sell baked goods that are produced in our home.
If you’re interested in learning more about how you can join our team of homestead entrepreneurs, including the terms and conditions that would involve, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet our partners:
Fe Fe Cabe
Lindsey Mashon, CNC
Barbara Bell McMahan